What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Why not?
think positive
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

TurkishPie wrote:
think positive wrote:
TurkishPie wrote:midnight run
Great movie,

Cant go past De Niro in anything, and Charles Grodin is so dead pan in everthing, hes just brilliant, same as the guy from beverley hills cop thats in it.

"billy, we need to talk!"
they dont quite make movies like that anymore do they.. action, comedy and feelgood combined
Ain't that the truth, it's a shame.

They rely on over the top sex swearing and violence now instead of clever humor etc.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Would [quote]
they ever make movies like that anymore do they?
think positive

Post by think positive »

Last night watched Changing up, not bad, nice east to watch movie, nobrain involved! and the bonus of the guy that looks as cute as Swannie before Tatts!!

tonight watched 127 hours with junior, then crossroads

127 hours just blows the mind, truly amazing subject and a well made film. seen it before,but picked it up on Bluray.

crossroads with Brittany Spears, i actually really enjoyed it!! I know it got canned bad, but it was nice to watch with the 16 year old. Somany movies have too much sex, drugs, violence that it can be hard to sit with her through them - hangover 2 as a case in point!!
stui magpie
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by stui magpie »

Watched real Steel tonight. Slow start but not bad. Loved the final fight scene, had me shimmying in the chair throwing punches like the first time I watched Rocky 3 in the Cobram cinema.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Taped last week & watched yesterday "Hobsons' Choice" with the wonderful Charles Laughton, John Mills & a very young Prunella Scales. Prunella Scales was Basil Fawlty's wife Sybil in Fawlty Towers.

Written in part, directed & produced by David Lean. Some film watchers & fillum buffs here will know of David Lean. Made in 1954.

Marvellous film I thought.

Opening credits & a wonderful entrance by a drunk Charles Laughton:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIyN0MsQnkU
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman

Post by 5150 »

With all this talk of Norse Gods, I decided to watch Thor.

NPM is a perfect Loki.
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

Contagion. Jude Law what a giant douche! His Aussie accent was even worse than Meryl Streeps in Evil Angels and by the end of the movie he had reverted to his usual poncey English accent. Otherwise a not too bad movie, a taste of what is to come when the next superbug hits the globe.
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"
think positive

Post by think positive »

final destination 5, you have to watch the first 4 first, but the end blew me away, very clever!
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

think positive wrote:final destination 5, you have to watch the first 4 first, but the end blew me away, very clever!
I have been looking at ordering that, might be on my list tomorrow.

Sorority Boys, not a bad movie...it could be better but anyway, it's another one of those corny comedies, that involves a bunch of College guys banned from their own frat and have to find a way to prove their innocence.
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

Top movie that

Definitely in the same class as Superbad
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

A Serbian Film - thats the name of it.
sadistic garbage.

Post by 3.14159 »

Christmas was Hell.
i Watched Hictch-hikers Guide to the Universe on Boxing Dae.
Douglas Adams, Stephan Fry, Trillion...etc.

Watching that movie twice over the hols to revived my flagging Christmas spirit.
A clever, Sci-fi ,romance, Comedy,
....set in a world of improbability.

Jo, thank you.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Recently purchaed this blu ray online arrived yesterday but I've been working nights so I'll see it soon - about to have a few days off. Looks very funny: Trailer for "The Infidel"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQnySDKL4ag
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive

Post by think positive »

Bought the six movie set of rocky on bluray. Watched the first tonight with hubby, who just doesn't get it!

But I loved it! Te theme gunna fly now is my favorite running song!

The story premise, it's not the winning but doing your best and staying the distance, I so get that!

My sister is an Aussie champ, double Olympian, and has 2 commonwealTh games medals.

I'd kill for that talent!

My gym has all my old netball, horse riding, etc trophy and ribbons on the walls. My best a state novelty riding ribbon, first in bending! I still remember it like yesterday! my favorite, a champion novelty rider sash, for winning the most events at the one show. We, me and my horse Clyde, won the bending, the old English plate, second in the barrel race, and sadly, I'm lousy in the sack! Fell over and didn't place!! Came down to me and a fair dinkum cowboy in the flag and barrel race. We were flag for flag, he whipped his horse into a frenzy, I chucked my crop away. I knew Clyde would give his all. His horse was a whole hand Taller than my pony, but we had him, got him at the last flag, won by half a length. He protested. Wanted a rerun. I said you want it that bad, take the sash, but my horse is dripping gallons of sweat, he just ran his heart out, and he's done. You want it that bad, you take it, but you didn't win it. He walked. Every time I want to quit running, I just look at that sash, and I keep on going....

I also have the runners up trophy from the season my knee finally gave out, with one match to play....that makes me keep going too, cos you never know when it's going to be the last time you get to play....

I can't compete at anything anymore, except against myself in the gym, but I'll never quit, cos it's not the winning, it's going the distance!

Okay, okay, haven't had more than half a glass in two weeks, so two tonight was probably a mistake! Someone shut me up!!