What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

No I missed it. How was it all ?
think positive
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by think positive »

OEP wrote:
think positive wrote:whats the Hurt LOcker like? and the Eastwood one?
2 films on my list to watch!
Hurt Locker is a great movie. War movie about an elite army bomb disposal team and their constant near fatal dealings with IED's.

Letters from Iwo Jima is very long, and in my opinion to long. Great movie, well directed, excellent acting but just a bit to drawn out. Though if your watching it on DVD / Bluray then at least you can fast forward the drwan out stages.

If you want to watch a great older movie try In the Name of the Father.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107207/
thanks for the info.

i saw In the name of thy fathers years ago, great movie.

ill have to get the Hurt Locker, My grandfather was a bomb disposal expert with the RAF, he died when i was a baby.......id really like to see that one.

Eastwoods later movies have been a bit long, there was another that was bloated, cant remember what it was! except Grand Toreno, fantastic movie!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

OEP wrote:
think positive wrote:hahaha!! did you watch it all??

i gave up at the cow scene!!

battlefield earth is ringing a bell, tell me more!!
Yeah I watch the entire bloody thing. Mind you the only thing that kept me going was my cast iron will, though for the life of me I can't remember the ending :shock:

Battlefield Earth:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0185183/

Painful.
oooh bad reviews!!! just been googling it too! might have to have a look at that!!
HAL

Post by HAL »

No I missed it. How was it all ?
think positive

Post by think positive »

i think your the star in it HAL!
HAL

Post by HAL »

Tell me more.
Brenny

Post by Brenny »

Saw Warhorse and Puss in Boots.

Warhorse was brilliant, couldn't understand all the criticism it copped.

Puss in Boots was... meh.

Post by 5150 »

think positive wrote:Hubby just made me and junior sit through half of Kung Pow - Enter The Fist!!

all i can say is thats 3/4 hour of my life ill never get back!!
Not really a show I'd watch with the family... :shock:

Oh... wait... I'm thinking of a different movie with "enter the fist" in the title :oops: :shock: :oops:
think positive

Post by think positive »

i think thats the one guys hide in the bottom of their undies drawer!!
annewilo

Post by annewilo »

Latest movie just watched, a film by my motherinlaw. Appaulling says it all so won't bother to link it. So second last movie watched this week-

In Time

Thought provoking and depressing from the 3rd scene on. Good movie, shame about the lead being Justin Timberlack. Found because of his music fame a little hard to accept him as the main character. Don't rate him as a great actor. Think he should stick to Facebook type supporting roles myself.
Might have been better suited to the Fresh Prince of Belair as this seems to be his genre.

Recommend only for the story. Think I might like to read the book now. But this might be hard as it seems as it was written by the director as a screen film only.

'In a future where people stop aging at 25, but are engineered to live only one more year, having the means to buy your way out of the situation is a shot at immortal youth. Here, Will Salas finds himself accused of murder and on the run with a hostage - a connection that becomes an important part of the way against the system."
The Knights of Abbotsford
think positive

Post by think positive »

annewilo wrote:Latest movie just watched, a film by my motherinlaw. Appaulling says it all so won't bother to link it. So second last movie watched this week-

In Time

Thought provoking and depressing from the 3rd scene on. Good movie, shame about the lead being Justin Timberlack. Found because of his music fame a little hard to accept him as the main character. Don't rate him as a great actor. Think he should stick to Facebook type supporting roles myself.
Might have been better suited to the Fresh Prince of Belair as this seems to be his genre.

Recommend only for the story. Think I might like to read the book now. But this might be hard as it seems as it was written by the director as a screen film only.

'In a future where people stop aging at 25, but are engineered to live only one more year, having the means to buy your way out of the situation is a shot at immortal youth. Here, Will Salas finds himself accused of murder and on the run with a hostage - a connection that becomes an important part of the way against the system."
was it made in the bedroom?? :shock: :shock:
annewilo

Post by annewilo »

think positive wrote:
annewilo wrote:Latest movie just watched, a film by my motherinlaw. Appaulling says it all so won't bother to link it. So second last movie watched this week-

In Time

was it made in the bedroom?? :shock: :shock:
Not quite. Made in some posh pied de terre in Kensington London. It's hard when your parents and or inlaws make stuff or are known in the public. Josephs dad is a well known muso in Europe too but at least he has talent! She on the other hand is an over all artist who has a rock band, can't sing to save herself, but keeps on putting it out there. Her artwork too is a little alternative to say the least. Let's just leave it at that shall we!
The Knights of Abbotsford
think positive

Post by think positive »

hahahahahahahaha!!

love it!!
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

Interview With The Vampire (Again) - - BF hadn't seen it.
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
think positive

Post by think positive »

True Colours with John Cusack and James Spader, old movie, 2 of the guys of my teen dreams!!

really enjoyed, political story, but well acted. even with the shoulder pads and big hair!! and thats just the guys!