What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I haven't seen either, but I have been looking to expand my movie library, may check them out next time I am at the video store.
Donny
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Donny »

Flawless - with Robert De Niro and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

I love it.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
think positive
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by think positive »

Conviction with Hilary Swank ,

totally amazing true story.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Dr Pie

Post by Dr Pie »

watt price tully wrote:Last week saw "Barneys version" brilliant & moving.
Barney's version is based on the last book written by Mordecai Richler, he died in 2001 four years after it was published. I don't like all of Richler's work but his best books are brilliant. The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz (made into a film directed by Ted Kotcheff and starring Richard Dreyfuss), Joshua Then and Now, St Urbain's Horseman and Solomon Gursky was Here are all worth reading. His early book Son of a Smaller Hero is flawed but I read it at 16 and was very influenced by it.

Richler was a Canadian Jewish author whose non-fiction writing often annoyed the Canadian Jewish community, English Canadian nationalists and (especially) Quebec nationalists. It was probably those attitudes that made his writings so interesting. Barney's Version gives a reasonable flavour of Richler.
Born and raised in Black and White
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

If I am ever looking for a reasonable flavour of Richler, I will ask him
Miss_Lisey_Molloy

Post by Miss_Lisey_Molloy »

I watched 'Invictus' last night. It was really good. Never thought I'd get so excited, and have a football freak out, whilst watching a movie :P

Love always, Alyssa xoxo
*~Alyssa's Song Of The Moment~*
I See You - Luke Bryan

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
stui magpie
Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 116 times

Post by stui magpie »

Had a look at the mechanic with the bald pom starring a few nights back. Not bad. A few good twists, bits of gratuitous violence, overall 7/10.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

damn i havent seen a movie in ages.

watching becker re-runs at the moment
David
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by David »

Saw the Holocaust documentary Night and Fog followed by Hiroshima Mon Amour last night at the Cinematheque (weekly Wednesday night affair at ACMI in Fed Square). Not exactly a bundle of laughs, but both great films.

Also caught Eraserhead at the Astor a couple of Sundays ago. I'm a fan, but seeing it on the big screen was a little hair-raising.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

Watched Switch last night...Interesting flick....just wondering if Jeff Goldblum has aged since the 80's?

Cheers
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Dr Pie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:Last week saw "Barneys version" brilliant & moving.
Barney's version is based on the last book written by Mordecai Richler, he died in 2001 four years after it was published. I don't like all of Richler's work but his best books are brilliant. The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz (made into a film directed by Ted Kotcheff and starring Richard Dreyfuss), Joshua Then and Now, St Urbain's Horseman and Solomon Gursky was Here are all worth reading. His early book Son of a Smaller Hero is flawed but I read it at 16 and was very influenced by it.

Richler was a Canadian Jewish author whose non-fiction writing often annoyed the Canadian Jewish community, English Canadian nationalists and (especially) Quebec nationalists. It was probably those attitudes that made his writings so interesting. Barney's Version gives a reasonable flavour of Richler.
I liked "The apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz" as a film - brought Richard Dreyfus to the big screen (many years ago).

I reckon you'd like Barney's Version on screen & one I saw & noted earlier in this thread "Four Lions" - film of 2010, I reckon.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Peoples tastes are always changing.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Took my niece and nephew to see RIO in 3D a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty good! First 3D I've ever seen and I was surprised that the 3D glasses are not longer those blue and red lense things (a little more like Buddy Holly glasses now)!
Coles should sponsor Essendon because they're down and staying down!
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

I hadn't seen a movie in almost a year and over easter I managed to see three

Thor- &^*%$^&% awesome movie. I loved the 'interpretation' of Norse mythology. Loki is my sort of badass, weak and wiry and a congenital liar. Still the plot was transparent and I could see things coming.

Paul - a delightful celebration of nerd culture. I have been a fan of Simon Pegg's work for a while (Shaun of the Dead anyone?). Funny how the alien was in fact not a nerd. Still the plot was transparent and I could see things coming.

Fast and Furious 5 - not my usual sort of movie. I watched it in the hope that the criminals would get what they had coming. Unfortuantely they didn't and somehow amazingly the scriptwriters had managed to differentiate between 'bad' criminals and 'good' ones. Bullshit. Chuck them all in a volcano and let god sort them out. Still the plot was transparent and I could see things coming.

I must be some sort of movie oracle. They can't write a story that surprises me any more.
think positive
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by think positive »

im hanging to see f&f5!! love that stuff!!
plenty of 6 packs??

just watched the long kiss goodnight while i was on my treadmill, love it, love Gina davis and LJ Jackson!!

gunna have a shower and brave it to watch Hatchi!

i need a good cry!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!