What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

exactly, when he sent him into that building to tell one ceo off for example

i cant believe they couldnt see it.

i stopped hanging around them after that
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

watt price tully wrote:IMO it was for the CEO. There was already evidence of Timberlake using zukerberg for the same purpose.
What happened?
HAL

Post by HAL »

Kingswood wrote:exactly, when he sent him into that building to tell one ceo off for example

I understand. And then what happened?
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Kingswood wrote:exactly, when he sent him into that building to tell one ceo off for example

!! Are you becoming Zuckerberg? !!
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
OEP

Post by OEP »

Saw Skyline over the weekend and the best way to describe it is if you want to see a movie that requires absolutely no mental thought process but is special effects laden then this is the movie for you.

The script is as basic as you'll see, it makes absolutely no effort to explain the premise of the alien invasion, the acting is average and it goes for barely an hour and twenty minutes with an ending that is more than a little strange given the short production time.

It get's 1 1/2 buckets of popcorn (out of five) from me, and that's only because the special effects were quite good.
A Collingwood supporter since the egg was inseminated.
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

Animal Kingdom on DVD last night.

Bit disappointing really and not so sure what all the fuss was about.

Saw the latest Harry Potter movie Saturday afternoon and found it a bit drawn out and a tad confusing in stages for someone who hasn't read the books.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
OEP

Post by OEP »

Just finished watching Blue Murder (again), great show.
A Collingwood supporter since the egg was inseminated.
David
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by David »

Saw the latest Harry Potter film tonight, it's ok. Enjoyed it, although I don't think it quite met the standards of the 6th film.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

swoop42 wrote:Animal Kingdom on DVD last night.

Bit disappointing really and not so sure what all the fuss was about.

Saw the latest Harry Potter movie Saturday afternoon and found it a bit drawn out and a tad confusing in stages for someone who hasn't read the books.
there are people who haven't read the book?

actually i've read all books except the last one (cmon i was 22 when it came out haha.. time i grew out of harry potter). but i'll still see the movie.. hope it makes sense to me. believe it or not since i havent read the book i don't even know how the series ends. i know dumbledore died but that was the 6th book right? after that i dont know what happens
mandy

Post by mandy »

Kingswood wrote:i know dumbledore died but that was the 6th book right?
Yep.

I haven't read any of the books but have never had any trouble following the movies.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
dexmum

Post by dexmum »

Watched a new release called daybreakers- its a vampire film but not like the rest of late. Has a big Australian cast and well worth the $3.70 rental
It's a Game and I Love it
HAL

Post by HAL »

That question has never crossed my mind before.
mandy

Post by mandy »

dexmum wrote:Watched a new release called daybreakers- its a vampire film but not like the rest of late. Has a big Australian cast and well worth the $3.70 rental
I saw that at the cinema. My daughter and I were the only 2 people in the whole place. It was mucgh better than I thought it would be although the dodgy accents were a bit annoying at times.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Hired "Men who stare at Goats" tonight on Blu Ray. Really enjoyed it. Recommend it if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

(Great on Blu Ray too - sound & picture quality are remarkably enhanced).

Not the best film I've ever seen but a good one to hire.

If you've interested in blu ray & TV type things try Pioneer Clearance Centre Online (Pioneer make high quality stuff & often too expensive for me however if your're patient you can get great deals). I got a $1700 Blu ray (superseded model) for approx $300-350 early last year.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
David
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by David »

I was roped into seeing Across the Universe yesterday. My girlfriend, who usually has impeccable taste, assured me that it was brilliant. A film structured around Beatles songs, how can you go wrong?

Chlamydia would have been more enjoyable.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange