What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

mandy

Post by mandy »

I saw the new Harry Potter movie last night. Loved it. Bit sad that there's only one left.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

+ 1

i want july to be now
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

watched philadelphia for the first time the other day. always thought it would be great.. was quiet boring... overrated.

to make up for it i rewatched the first rambo

greatest. movie. of. all. time

^ps. i
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Saw "Red" with Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren & John Malkovich last week, not bad at all, action and comedy. John Malkovich is such a psycho sounding straight man (if that makes sense - just the sound of his voice makes him psycho-like, he doesn't have to act like he's lost it!)

Would probably be just as good on DVD as at the movies.

Has anyone seen Social Networking?
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

the social network?

i thought it was a fantastic, character driven movie. exceptionally well done.

i especially liked how they made sure to show both sides to everyones character. noone was simply good or bad. i watched it with 2 others and we came out of it arguing about who we sympathised with more.

i give it 4/5

might get 5/5 but i didnt get to see any of the sex scenes :p
BBHS
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by BBHS »

The Social Network was good except for the trouser snake. Piss poor actor
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Kingswood wrote:the social network?

i especially liked how they made sure to show both sides to everyones character. noone was simply good or bad. i watched it with 2 others and we came out of it arguing about who we sympathised with more.

i give it 4/5

Yeah, that's it, couldn't remember the name exactly, but that's the one.
On the basis of that, i'd better go see it, especially since I do get to see the sex scenes :P
David
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by David »

I'm quite interested in The Social Network and will definitely check out Harry Potter in the coming weeks. Otherwise, not much on at the moment.

Saw The American last week, bit of a nothing film. Really slow, which will disappoint action junkies, but at the same time far too thematically empty and cliched to make it a good 'art' film. Was watchable, I guess, but nothing special.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

David
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 47 times

Post by David »

Kingswood, you're very funny. Not. :lol:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Wild Target.

British Films are the best.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Not many people express themselves that way.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Kingswood wrote:the social network?

i give it 4/5

Great film I thought too. Intelligent. Well written. The Rashamon effect. Saw it last night. I could have watched another hour - totally absorbed in it.[/i]
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

good comment about rashamon effect, thats what it was... all of our arguments had merit we just saw different things or related to different aspects of people's character

one thing we argued about though, which i am 100% sure i am right... i couldnt believe they got this wrong.

when justin timberlake and mark zuckerberg were in the club, and timberlake was given him a speech about how all the old, top execs hated him cos he was a young entrepenuer making it big, and his advice to zuckerberg was to put "i'm CEO bitch" on his business card

now i interpreted it as timberlake telling zuckerberg to do that to shove it up all the other ceo's (the older ones) out there; piss them off at his brashness and success

my friends thought timberlake was telling him to do that to get back at his ex-girlfriend

that made no sense to me and i couldnt believe they thought that.

am i right?
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

IMO it was for the CEO. There was already evidence of Timberlake using zukerberg for the same purpose.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman